Lent is coming! Despite being a non-christian I think Lent is a great way to observe some of the rites of spring. It's the perfect time to break yourself from the hibernation mode of winter and shake loose the cob-webs. I've just been reviewing my ideas for this years Lent. I try to chose things that make me healthier as a person and that have some basis in tradition. With that in mind I've picked three things.
- No Alcohol
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- No Meat
I've been giving up meat and alcohol for the last few years. I want to branch out this year and get really crazy. Hence, giving up the corn syrup. I love soda, so this one may be tough. Plus, I'm a condiment junky, so I'm going to have to get creative, but that's the whole idea. To kick off my Lent time fun I'm going to go on a juice fast until I reach my goal weight. I'm only five pounds shy, so I don't foresee this being a huge ordeal.
I've been interested in fasting for some time now and as I see it this is the perfect time to try it out. I'm already giving up a bunch, and by starting with a fast I can kick some of my nasty food habits and feel like I'm gaining a lot when I go off the fast.
I've been trying to convince my boyfriend to celebrate Lent with me. He continues to ask me what he should give up. I'm sure I annoy him by continually saying that he has to pick something for himself, but that's kind of the point of the whole thing.
Is anyone else celebrating Lent this year? And none of that "I'm giving up Lent for Lent" stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment