Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Off to a good start!

I did it!  I started on my book list!

I recently finished reading 1984.  What a book!  I don't want to give away too much, so I wont play fast and loose with the plot.  However, I will say that I quite enjoyed the read in an appropriately darkly reverent way.  I can't help thinking that this book will change my general thoughts on many things.  The parallels to modern governments are many and I don't mean that in a good way.  Still, even though the overall feeling that I had while reading was one of failing hope, and I do love my hope, I am glad of the read and of the incites that this book offered.

Now, I'm on to reading To Kill a Mockingbird.  I read this one when I was in grade school under duress, and I can't say that I read all of it or that I enjoyed any of it.  That said, I'm glad that I'm looking at it with new eyes and I think that this time around I may change my original opinions.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment